Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's homework time (i.e. Business time, Flight of the Concords)

So there I was. And as I was being there I thought to myself -- I thought, "Self, you better crank out a blog in between paragraphs of your English paper, or else you are going to forget stuff." Of course, my self was right. And now here I am.
Anywho, Barcelona was basically amazing. I mean, at times it did smell like Mexico. But other than that, I would have stayed there forever if Kate wasn't with me to drag me back to school. Now here I sit. Thanks Kate.
We basically walked the entirety of Barcelona. We only used the metro to get to and from the airport. Kate walked herself right out of her shoes so we got her a new pair, naturally. I think she may have been a little bitter from all the walking I made her do. But we saw Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell. They basically changed my life. Sagrada Familia is a cathedral that is different from any other I have seen. The architecture of the city was very unique and interesting. Completely different from what we saw in France, Scotland and England.
Kate got really sunburned and I just look like I rubbed some dirt on my arms. Upon returning home everyone asked if I went to the beach with Kate, or if I wore a lot of sunscreen. Sad day. I still look like I live in a cave (I basically do).
This week I have been writing papers and projects from the moment I got home. But the good news is I don't have to go to a play until Thursday. That's it, breathe a little sigh of relief with me.
Also, I have discovered the joy of sleeping in leggings. They are very warm. However, I still hold firm to the belief that they are NOT pants and should not be worn as such without at least a dress. It's just weird.
But I digress. I shall now return to my Great Expectations paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment