In London almost everything is closed from Good Friday until the Tuesday after Easter, I discovered. Even Starbucks was closed today. I respect that.
We went to the "Passover" play in Cha-something square today. It was packed. They did a pretty good job. Some stuff didn't follow exactly, but I clapped. The "father" said the Lord's Prayer at the end and he kind of missed the whole last part. So that was concerning.
I was on a mission to buy a 3 pound pair of shoes at Primark, and I finally accomplished that today. It's time to say goodbye to my green shoes. They have too many holes to count so it's time they were given a proper funeral in the trash. Sad. I get attached to cheap shoes. It's like a game of how long I can wear them without them completely falling apart. I could have had a few more months with the green ones, but people had begun to comment. So much pressure. Anyway, now I have blue shoes. They shall be called "blue shoes," and we shall become to best of feet friends.
In other news, I discovered the magic of Spotify. Thus I have another reason to not write my theatre paper. I am writing about catharsis in a play about a woman that kills her only two sons and then two other people. I don't understand literature or the Greek.
Tomorrow we were thinking about going to some boat races. Not sure what that's about but I think I should probably just work on my paper. Sunday I am going to Hillsong-London Church. I'm pretty stoked about that. The services will be translated into English, Spanish and Portuguese. Sooo win.
As you can see, pretty uneventful. I did buy a piece of cheesecake, though. It was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment