Friday, April 27, 2012

My room smells like sweaty children.

The children are playing hide-and-seek with some other strange children that I have never seen before. They have taken it upon themselves to hide in my room with their smelly little bodies. Now I think I need to open a window.

I finished a whole paper today. I almost died of boredom in the process. I wrote a whole five pages on the study of the human figure in British Art (also known as socially accepted British pornography).

I accidentally got on Facebook out of habit today. I clicked on it and it was still logged in…so I stayed a while and had a good look around. It felt dirty. I was breaking my promise to myself to not get on for another week. I can’t be trusted.

So funny story for you (and by funny I mean sad and depressing. Like disappointed in humanity type of depressing). Our Shakespeare “professor” who is an atheist (key point for the story) was ranting and raving about how “bloody stupid” those people are who do not believe Shakespeare existed or that he wrote his own plays…etc. “There’s a whole town (Stratford) dedicated to this man. There is so much evidence to prove that he existed. I don’t know how people can be so stupid.” Then I thought to myself, I thought: “Self, THIS woman is ‘bloody stupid.’” She verbally denounces God willing in front of our whole class, but she believes in some perverse man who wrote love poems to little boys and hated his family, and she devotes her life to studying his work. Because that makes sense. Preposterous.

Tomorrow is the COFFEE FESTIVAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment