But really, done is a rather subjective term. Subjective like the way Martin is going to grade this paper. But I’m not bitter. No, not me.
I went to Hillsong-London church again. It was good. I thought the service was at 11am but it was really at 11:30 so I was awkwardly early. I tried to blend in with the wall but some observant girl spotted Waldo and then started talking to me about “getting involved.” I tried to explain that I was only here temporarily, but to no avail.
My host parents had friends over for dinner and Patricia decided that she needed to give them a tour of the house, including Kate and my room. At the time the little girl, Alice, had destroyed my room by moving my bed and making a fort in one of the cabinets in the wall (all while I was trying to type my stupid papers). When Patricia came in to show the other ladies were the Americans were staying, I could see them all glance suspiciously at my disastrous side of the room. I quickly let them know that the bed was disheveled because their children were hiding in the cabinet (aka get your children out of here so I can work on my paper before I snap and kick them out myself). They just laughed and praised the children for being so cute in their little fort.
Patricia then asked me in front of her lady friends how Hillsong was this morning. She proceeded to turn to her friends and say, “she goes to a special church where they do a lot of singing.”
So now I’m special. Cute.
I decided to leave shortly after and take my studies elsewhere.
This evening we all studied at Alyssa’s house and then had a “family” dinner with our group of paper writing fiends.
Now it is 11:30pm and I have one more assignment to do so I can sleep a little more peacefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment