Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 1: British People Look Like British People

Let me tell you a little story about how we sat on the plane, on the runway for 1 hour and 45 minutes in Chicago because the plane was having technical problems. That made me really excited to fly across the ocean. We were also delayed 20 minutes in Denver because the baggers were slow. Moral of the story: never willing taking United Airlines again.
Anywho, so I made it through customs and was late to meet my driver, but he was still there waiting and everything was peachy. When I went to get into the car I started to go to the driver's side (Our passanger side) and the guy laughed at me. "Stupid American."
This family is straight out of a C.S. Lewis book. They think we talk funny. I fell down the stairs because they just go straight up! And there was a cat on my bed earlier...So there's that. I live in an attic where I must constantly hunch over or I will hit my head (already done it three times). So I might as well become the next Emily Dickenson and look out of my attic window and write things that don't make sense. I could be good at that.
I might go to bed now.

3 comments:

  1. You have great writing skills and I will be keeping up on your blog. Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An attic?? Are you sure you're in the right England? But really, it sounds amazing. I think you should have just followed through with the taxi driver, and attempted to drive the vehicle, you could definitely have put that on a resume...

    ReplyDelete