Monday, February 6, 2012

Taco = Wrap

Today at approximately 2pm I had the first cup of coffee since before I left home Saturday at 9:30am. For some of you who do not share my affinity for the brown stuff, you may not be able to fully grasp the magnitude of the many hours that passed between the cups. I was in a bad place (as Daniel would say). I did have a cup of tea with my host mom for breakfast but it was not nearly strong enough. Addiction? Maybe.
Christina will enjoy this next story I have for you (because it is an anger-filled one so she won't be envious of it). We took several different lines on the tube today that totaled over an hour to reach the AHA International headquarters where we have class. During our orientation we were supposed to sign up for an Oyster card which we will use to get free passes on all of the transportation. Everyone had no problems signing up accept one other boy and myself. We had to call the company several times. I annoyed three different oporators. After about an hour the other kid finally got his to work. I spent 2 and a half hours on the phone with the company resizing files and yelling at the computer while everyone else was getting a lesson from a police officer about how to be safe in London. So now I have not been properly educated about putting bells on my wallet (they all have bells on everything now) or alarms on their bags. Sad day for Rachel.
After that terribleness was over we went on a little jont (more like a three hour jont because we didn't know where we were going) around London to find a place whose name I have forgotten. But I have pictures. We lost some group members along the way because they got tired and didn't want to walk anymore. Wimps.
We had tacos for dinner and the Brits call them wraps. Different...

2 comments:

  1. This will. be my 4th attempt to respond about your adventure. THe Lord will keep his angels charge over you and you pray for his hedge of protection. Praise the Lord in all things. I am so excited to read your daily blogs. Thank you Love yourvGrandma Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I did appreciate that story, you're so smart. But I'm sorry you had to annoy so many people, now you're gonna be on the British people's list...and you don't want that because British people stick their lists in weird places, like the pockets of their green cordoury pants...

    ReplyDelete