Today was an action packed day of Tube traveling. I made Olaia and Rachel get up at a very early hour on their first day of spring break (really only 9am, but that is early for me) and come to my house for breakfast. Then we set out on an adventure to Camden market (aka a bigger Portland Saturday market), Big Ben, Parliament, and we went to a church service at Westminster Abby. The man next to me at church had some intense breath. And the church of England likes to sing a lot. Plus he was a mouth breather. So needless to say, I was struggling. Then I noticed that a great many people had very heavy eyes (and not just during prayer time, if you know what I mean), including the bishops...or whatever they are called.
After church we took a little (very long) stroll through Hyde Park. The flowers on the trees are blooming and the sun was shining so it looked less depressing.
Later on we had dinner, coffee and dessert to top on my already overloaded stomach. I think I'm becoming one of those trash bags that you can keep putting more and more in because it stretches so much. Yeah, those.
Anyway, fun fact for ya. Our daylight savings here isn't for another two weeks. Isn't that just a knee slapper.
I must go educate myself in all things Dickens before tomorrow.
Adios
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Even Bishops fall asleep in church
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hilarious as usual!
ReplyDelete