So there I was, standing outside the Tube station waiting for people who tend to move at a glacial pace. When all of a sudden, BAM! A couple that is passing by on the sidewalk stops and asks if I speak Portuguese. "No, sorry." They then proceeded to say that I look like I was from southern Europe and if I had family from there. If only it were so. Then the rest of my people caught up to me and the couple turned to them and said, "Yeah, we would never have mistaken them for southern European." It was weird. If we had been in a sketchy neighborhood, I probably would have clutched my bag and ran for it. However, we were in one of the nicest neighborhoods I have seen here. It was like a Californian street. Parent Trap was probably filmed there because that is how nice the houses were. Behind one gated entrance there was a security guard just standing there doing his security thing. Also, the man and lady were really well dressed and whatnot. So conclusion: I'm taking it as a compliment.
After all of these strange happenings went down, we went to an art gallery in Lord Leighton's house for art class (naturally) and then we walked through Holland Park. There were peacocks just walking around. They just walked right on up to me and started making a very terrible noise. Again, very strange.
Also, Nancy Copic (my advisor for the Beacon student newspaper at school) is submitting one of my articles to a statewide awards show for best feature. I must say, it would be nice to be able to fill in that awkward column on every dumb school application that says "please list any awards or achievements." Right? Right? yeah.
Also, I think my teeth are moving and I didn't bring my retainer. But let’s be honest, it's not like it was an easy fit to begin with. I guess I'll just blend in with the Brits. *Winky face*
Rachel DO NOT talk to strangers and especially those bearing compliments in a foreign country! How many times have I told you that is how y ou get grabbed!
ReplyDeleteRachel. McIntosh. you are amazing. I bet you win the award because of your amazingness, I mean come on people. I started writing for my schools paper...its rough. We will talk soon :)
ReplyDelete