I ate a breakfast fit for Poopa today. It was the traditional Scottish meat breakfast, and it was something worthy of the name: Ham/Bacon (not sure which(, an egg, grilled tomato, baked beans, hash browns, a potato cake, sausage and a great cup of black coffee (but Poopa drinks tea). I ate it all.
Yesterday our first appointment was to meet with a journalist for the BBC. It was interesting...until I got sleepy and it wasn't interesting anymore. I was concentrating so hard on not falling asleep as I pushed the end of my pen deeper and deeper into my side that I forgot to pay attention to what he was saying. Pity.
Later we went to the Scotland parliament and listened to people yell at each other. I can see where my family gets it. So that was interesting...until I really did fall asleep. I didn't have a pen to jab with that time. It's being there that counts. I guess.
Today we went on a walk about. I bought a wool scarf for 5 pounds and felt sick about it afterwards.
On the train going back to London I had to use the restroom two whole times. You may be thinking, “thanks for sharing.” You're welcome. But that isn't the point. The point is the state of the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom after a little boy had just walked out. Now, you must understand that going to the bathroom on a train is like trying to go to the bathroom in a toilet while surfing. It would go everywhere. And that must have been what happened with this little boy. The floor was really sticky and everything was wet. Little boy + sticky floor = he peed on the floor, people! Queue gag reflex. This brings me back to the use of public bathrooms: Just say no. Hold it.
The trauma continues:
Kate and I were talking a few days ago and thinking how lucky we were that our host family hasn’t made anything disgusting like Lasagna (our least favorite food) for dinner. Mistake. Before we left Patricia told us there would be Lasagna waiting for us when we got home tonight. Needless to say, we got Subway. Tears averted.
P.s. I changed the settings on here so anyone can comment if they wish without having to join this blog or be a follower etc. Just keep it classy, people.
Public restrooms are atrocious, good to know they aren't just that way in good ol' America.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was going to make a comment about "different lines" people stand in after their college years *cough* food lines *cough*, but I decicded to hold it in, possbily just because Anna keeps reminding me of how "rude" it was or something lame like that...
I love how you mentioned Poopa's famous breakfast! Which we all love, might I add. He will be very proud! (;
ReplyDeleteI am now over at Grandma and Poopa's. I had Poopa read it and he couldn't stop laughing (: well done, well done (:
ReplyDelete