Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Brain Pain

There is no substitute for coffee. You either drink it or you don't. Today I didn't. Thus...headache.
Today we walked around to look at really old churches that were around during the Protestant reformation. Apparently the Catholics and the Protestants don't like each other. Who would have guessed?
In the British Masters class (aka Fine Arts) we went to the Tate Britain museum to observe the work of....I don't recall. All I remember is the standing for long periods of time. I didn't think I was going to make it through. Yet, here I am. Magical.
After the museum we rushed back to school for our theatre class. The professor called on me twice to give my opinion (I hated him for that) and I'm pretty sure the whole class was against my response. You want to know how I felt about the play? I loathed it. There. Happy? All the kids (7 total) in that class just love the ThEaTrE! All I see are dramatic people prancing around a stage making exaggerated gestures while yelling at the audience.
So here's the low down on the rest of February and March: Kate and I spoke to our English professor and, after hitting me in the head with a stack of papers, she agreed to let us skip her class one Thursday to get a more reasonably priced ticket to Barcelona. She said we were forever indebted to her because we really aren't allowed to skip class at all. I don't know what that entails, but I'm afraid. So we're going to Barcelona March 15-18th.
This weekend we have a whole separate eye twitching schedule going down. This afternoon we booked round-trip tickets to a large city inhabited by many French people. Yep, we're going to Paris. However - are you ready for this - we are taking an over-night bus on Thursday to get there Friday morning. Then we leave Sunday night on the bus to get back Monday morning in time for class. Summary = I'm going to be taking a great many shots shots shots OF ESPRESSO! The following weekend is Scotland….
Now I have to write a paper on Hogarth paintings.
That is my life right now. I'm afraid. And my eye just twitched...
I like this quote. Enjoy:
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings

3 comments:

  1. Hogarth? http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcz6fip9Rl1qans3ko1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's the main character in The Iron Giant. I had no idea someone actually gave a real person that name. How unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete