I made it home. There were some close calls, like when I almost threw up on the bus after the man across the aisle sneezed on my arm. My baguette and crepe that I had eaten earlier would have gone everywhere. My nauseousness had progressed so far on the bus ride home that I had gotten those hiccups that usually precede vomit. I was only seconds away from disaster when we reached the station. I hate buses.
We left London at 10pm on Thursday and arrived in Paris at 5am Friday. We all took some sleeping pills which didn't seem to affect the other children, but I woke up in another country. I missed the Chunnel (the tunnel under water) and everything.
Friday we walked and walked and walked and walked. With our bags on our backs, none the less, because we couldn't check into our hostel until 2:30pm. We saw some things that I can't spell and ate a lot of food with carbs. For dinner we took baguettes to the Eiffel Tower and watched it sparkle. Magical.
Saturday was a little less thrilling, however. The Canadians who were sharing a room with our group decided to invite the whole United Nations over to drink and be stupid. Twenty people were in our room killing their livers while I was making sure no one got ruffied. Dumb Canadians. Excessive drinking is a senseless pastime for people who have neither whit nor discretion enough to entertain themselves in other ways. In other words, I was the only sober person stuck in that stupid room from 6pm until everyone left at 2am and I could go to sleep. Twas my own personal hell.
Anywho, we got back around 10pm on Sunday. I was so excited to eat something other than carbs...and we had pasta for dinner. I just wanted some vegetables.
Today we had a lot of classes. My English professor (after having previously told the class that she does not believe in making people participate in discussion and would never call on someone not raising his or her hand) called on me to give a response to a question that I didn't even hear because I was in the middle of a wonderful daydream. What a jerk, interrupting a daydream like that. Needless to say, I had nothing. People laughed. I was confused.
Tonight we went to the worst play I have seen in my short 20 years of life. "Tis a Pity She's a Whore." Can't even believe that was legal to perform on stage. The art of ThEaTrE is lost on me. Mostly because I can't see how it is an art.
Oh my heck! This is your best work ever!!! This is hilarious! I think you write your best stuff when you are miserable. Oh my heck, this was excellent!
ReplyDeleteMany great writers can only write from there pain. I think this is true with you. I laughed out loud in my office.
ReplyDelete