Monday, February 20, 2012

The Plays the Thing...

...that will make you suicidal.
Yesterday was Sunday. Now that we're up to date with dates, I will tell you what Sunday entailed. We went to Greenwich (not pronounced how it looks) where we saw Queen Ann's house and some other old buildings that I have since forgotten. Then we hiked a hill to the Prime Meridian line and took a good stand right in the middle. T'was a joyous occasion. Good thing we didn't pay money for that.

Today was quite the day. Now, dear readers, bear with me. For I am about to go on quite the rant about how today was a series of eye twitches. Well, you could stop reading now, but why not go on. I mean, you've already gotten this far. Though, you may ask yourself, "why am I reading this in the first place." Aren't you supposed to be doing something productive? I assume you are only using my wonderful words for mere procrastination. And in that case I must say....you're welcome.

SO I sat through a billion and one hours of class today (not even exaggerating...) only to find out we had a play to go to. Shakespeare none the less. Therefore, after educating ourselves from 10am to 5:30pm we had no time to go home for dinner and so some bright child got the great idea to get Indian on our way to the theatre. So the child (who shall remain nameless) was so persistent on getting Indian food that time was no factor when we got lost a few times and only had a half an hour to eat. I urged them several times to pick another place that wasn't on the opposite side of town from the play. They didn't. Also, Indian food is freaking hot. Eating was quite the challenge when you only have water to drink which fans the flame. But I digress...
The whole Tube ride I wanted to reach over and strangle the child whose idea it was to have Indian food so far away. But alas, he lives. After that we were walking in the theatre doors 30 minutes late. But surprise surprise! Twist ending. We arrived just as the play began. The time we were told to arrive was thirty minutes early. Fuming. That's what I was doing. Scanning the isle for the jerk that told us 7pm instead of 7:30pm. Oh the heart palpitations I had!
But really, for all of you who stuck with me through the complaints, I have wonderful news. However, I'll tell you at a later date because this post is already too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment