Saturday, February 18, 2012

I ate a whole roll of Oreos today...

That's right folks. I am investing in the thickness of my middle half by indulging in "America's favorite cookie" (at least, that is what the package says).
So here I am, having waited until I am overly tired to start this blog entry, expecting it to be sub-par. Therefore, if you have any comments involving the non-English major-esk-ness-osity of this blog...don't tell me. I already know.
Today we didn't do much. We were going to devote this day to finishing our reading but that didn't happen. One thing led to another and I was on Facebook and then I ate some food.
Whoa whoa whoa WAIT! I did go to this other girl's host mother's house to have tea. She is this little old German lady that lives down the road. She invited us over for tea and board games. So over we went, trudging through the rain and wind. Very treacherous. But, get this, she served us the tea and had the board game waiting but she DIDN'T HAVE TEA WITH US!! This deeply saddened me. Borderline depression, even. Though, she did manage to tell me, within two minutes of walking in the door, that I was a very quiet girl. What??? How can you say that when I have been there not even two minutes. Preposterous. But the moral of the story is: I won during our board game. Sooo...yeah.
Aside from the goings on of my day, I am going to talk about other things. My day ramblings bore me. First thought: If you haven't read Jane Eyre...do it. This is my second time reading it and I love it even more. Now most of you may be thinking, "Psh, Rachel doesn't read." I know, right?! However, this one is a keeper. And coming from an English major that ironically hates most things she reads, you can take this one to the bank (but wait for a week to cash it. I might void by then).
Second....I can't think of a number two because it is now 1:18am. My eyes are screaming at me so I must retire to my pillow.

1 comment:

  1. If anything, you should like that little old lady even more. She's a quick study. Could be useful.

    Also, can you watch the most recent cinematic rendition of Jane Eyre and tell us how it compares to the book? I'm too lazy to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete