The Brits say a lot of strange things. Instead of a dog leash it is a lead. A line is a queue. Dessert is pudding (that one threw me for a while. I thought they just wanted pudding every night for dessert). Mind the gap means watch out for that giant gap you could fall through and die!
Yesterday I had a lot of classroom learning time. It was rough. Between my classes there is always about an hour and a half to waste so I go to the coffee shop on the corner and read (aka people watch). My English professor called me out after class for not talking the entire time. I have no idea where that came from. I was saying a lot of stuff...in my head.
Today we got up bright and early to have a tourist day. We saw the changing of the guards (saw is subjective. More like I was just standing there in an enormous group of tourists twiddling my thumbs because I couldn't see a thing) at Buckingham Palace. We went to Harrods. If you don't know what that is you should look it up because it will blow your mind. It's a very posh store with workers that walk around and judge you because you are in jeans. They have different rooms of the store for different things. They have a cheese room (gross), chocolate room, pastry room (wonderful!), a room just for $700 hand bags, ...etc. There's luggage on one floor and bedding on the next. They also have really fancy restaurants. Anywho, so we bought lunch there and then walked to Hyde Park to eat. After we walked around the park for a while we went to see Big Ben, Westminster, Rick Steve's telephone booth, and parliament. So much walking!
Tomorrow we are having tea with Alice. Alice is a nice little old lady who is a host mom to one of the girls in our group. She wants us to come over and meet her and play a board game. I already like her.
You should tell your professor that "sharing is not caring".
ReplyDelete