Saturday, February 11, 2012

I beat teen pregnancy

Today marked the day of my awareness regarding the very noticeable wrinkles surrounding my eyes and a general lack of concern for the amount of food I consume that contributes to the spare tire around my middle half. I am no longer a teen. Sad day.
I started my day the way any good day should be started, in the afternoon. I woke up at 11am and headed for the showers. However, as it turns out, when they told us that long baths or showers would use up all the hot water, they were not messing around. I turned the nob in the shower and nothing came out. I stood there staring at the stupid thing for a good two minutes until I decided that breakfast first would be a better option.
During breakfast Patricia hinted at her concern that I wasn't having a good time here because I chose to stay in last night instead of going clubbing with the other children. She's right, you know. I much rather walk around downtown in a skimpy outfit, in 19 degree weather, overflowing with alcohol, get my money and camera stolen and having strange men hit on me (all things I heard happened to the other students). So much better than going to sleep in a timely manner in a beautifully warm bed with my Wisconsin cow tucked safely under my arm. I can see where I would confuse the two. Tisk tisk.
Anywho, after I waited for three hours (checking the shower every 30 minutes) I decided that I would settle for washing only my hair in the ice water that did eventually come out of the tap.
We decided to take our homework reading to a coffee shop two bus stops away and discuss our group travel plans while attempting to get a little further in Jane Eyre and A Midsummer Night's Dream. However, chatty girls and homework have never been a thing. So I just wasted time researching flights to Madrid until our dinner reservation at 7. We went to Prezzo. Don't go there!
For dessert we went to McDonalds. That's right folks, McFlurry's = birthday cake. Mine had a yorkie in it. I still don't know what that is.
When we finally got back to the house we watched a movie with our host mom. Bridget Jones' Diary....something something. I thought it was a pirate movie...it was not. For this viewing audience, I wouldn't recommend it. Nor would I for myself. That is all I shall say about that.
Now I am ending this very long and detailed blog so that I can sleep away the rest of my birthday...which actually ended an hour ago. Maybe pictures tomorrow. Alice deleted most of them off my phone. Sneaky child.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you brought your cow! That makes me smile. I like reading your posts...

    ReplyDelete