That is what they call "wasting time." I did a lot of that today. But let's start with yesterday.
Sherrie, I know I told you I would try not to skip any days. But boy, oh boy, yesterday was madness. In our Britain Today class we went to the British Museum. But we didn't get to wander around and look at everything. We were forced to stay in the "A.D's." The old rocks and weird jewelry were all just so...underwhelming. Part of my soul died there, I'm sure. The best part was the spoons. There were a lot of old spoons...
The next class was some class that I am taking for art credit. We went to the National Gallery. Definitely a step up from the first class. Though it seemed like the whole United Kingdom and their mothers were there, the paintings were interesting (or the only five we were able to see because we were only allowed to study those five. dumb).
After the gallery I rushed home to eat dinner and have a good five minute sit and then it was off to the theatre. After being momentarily lost at night in downtown London, I found the obviously large building nicely hidden amongst other obviously large buildings. Anywho, "June and the Paycock" turned out to be a wonderful time to analyze the inside of my eyelids and dream of my comfy bed where my cow was already resting. Jealous. The only thing I reaped from this "educational experience" was a strategic plan that I conjured up of how I could sneak on stage and fall asleep under the covers of the bed that was placed in the corner as a prop.
I didn't get home until 11:15pm. Synopsis (for all of you who skipped to the end of this paragraph): being cultured isn't worth the effort. Sleep instead.
Today! Today I sat through a three hour Theatre class and I hated myself for it every second. The professor made me read out loud. What a jerk.
After class I ran as fast as I could back to me bed and slept for 3 1/2 hours. When I woke it was dark. Now I have just been reading and eating, and reading some more.
That is all...
P.s. Becca, if you're reading this, your email is coming. They're not like blogs, you know. One must carefully construct an email.
And Bobby, a boy from our program already plans to propose to Emma Watson...so you will have to fight him. Good luck.
Fun fact: I'm currently "mucking around" right now by reading your blog during fine arts...what a joke. Literally, all my teacher does is crack jokes. But they're not even funny ones like Antcil's...lame. I have perfected the art of blank staring him, my eyes just bore right through him. You should try it on your theatre teacher!
ReplyDelete